Transferring a Project
As time progresses and projects develop, the members of a project can sometimes change. You may find that you are no longer required to work on a project that you created, and therefore you may need to transfer the ownership of the project to another team member in that project.
1. If you wish to transfer ownership of a project that you have created, first ensure that the person you wish to transfer to is a member of that project. If they aren’t you can invite them. Once this is done, navigate to the Menu situated in the top left hand corner of the app.
2. Once there, click on the Cog icon then Account Settings.
3. Once there, click on Projects, which can be found under DropTask Settings.
4. You will have the option to Transfer or to Export your Project. If the transfer option is greyed out, this means that you are the only member of this project. You can only transfer projects to team members already invited to that project. If the option is not available at all, this means that you are not the admin or the creator of that project.
5. Click on TRANSFER next to the Project that you would like to Transfer.
6. When you select the ‘Transfer Project’ option, you will be given a choice of who to transfer your project to. Once you have selected the user who you wish to transfer the project to, hit ‘Request Transfer’.
7. You will be asked to confirm that you want to transfer the project to the selected user. Hit ‘OK’ to continue. Your Project will then be transferred to your chosen member.
8. The user you have chosen to transfer the project to will be notified within the app and they will need to ‘Accept’ the transfer for the project to successfully be transferred.
Please note: Access to this feature is subject to the plan that you’re on. For more information, please get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.