Creating Templates can be a really quick way to duplicate projects which require the same actions to be taken – but in a different context – on a regular basis.
For example, if you’re organising an event you may have one Category named ‘Budget’, another called ‘Transport’ and one more named ‘Guest List’. Within each of these Categories are respective Tasks that need to be carried out each and every time you have an event to organise. So, after attaching files, updating progress and managing the overall project, the next time a different event comes up you have to re-create those same Categories and Tasks for another project. With Templates, you have a quick and easy solution to re-create projects that can be used time and time again, without any of the interchangeable details and specifics like status, notes and attachments.
Creating a new Template1. Start by going to MENU.
2. Then, select TEMPLATES and hit CREATE NEW TEMPLATE.
3. A pop-up will appear, asking you to name your Template. Once you’ve named your Template, hit CREATE TEMPLATE.
4. You will then be able to populate your Template with Categories and Tasks. Your Template will automatically be saved and may be accessed at anytime from within the MENU.
Creating a Template from within a project1. Alternatively, you’re able to create a Project Template while in the Project view. To do this, select the COG icon situated in the top header bar.
2. Once there, a pop-up will appear. Select ‘Create Template from Project’ to create a Template for your future Projects.
3. You will be asked to name your Project Template. Simply type the name of your Template into the box and hit ‘Create Template’ when you’re ready.
4. Your Template will then be saved for future use, and can be accessed from within the Menu under TEMPLATES.
Using saved TemplatesYou can create new Projects from existing Templates that you have saved. Simply tap on a Template that you have used previously, to create your new Project.
Please Note: This is a DropTask for Business feature.