Getting Started With DropTask Chat
Droptask Chat enables you to quickly message your colleagues about a task they are working on, create groups to discuss on-going projects and quickly send tasks to team members. All this, without ever needing to leave Droptask, maximizing your productivity.
Beginning a new Chat
1. To begin a new Chat, click on the blue speech bubble in the Chat bar. This is located to the left-hand side of the screen. You can create either a 1-1 chat or a group chat.
2. Enter either an email address or contact name in the search bar, or choose someone from the contact list below.
3. Then select Start Chat.
4. Type your message and then tap Send to send the message
5. This will create your new chat where you can communicate with this individual.
Beginning a new Group Chat
1. To begin a group chat, simply add multiple contacts in the same way. You will see a tick next to the contact names and these names will be grouped at the top.
2. The title of the chat will automatically appear as a list of the contact names. To change this title, simply click here and select the tick to side when you have named the chat.
3. To edit the details of a group chat, click on the three vertical dots in the top right-hand side of the chat window. Here, you can add and remove contacts, change the Chat name and change the Chat Image.
Adding an Avatar to a Group Chat
Once you have created a group chat you can then add an avatar so that you can easily identify it among your chat list.
1. To add an avatar to your new group chat, open the chat, then tap the 3 dot menu and tap Edit.
2. Tap on the blue image icon, then browse your computer for the image you want.
3. The image will now add be added as an avatar that you will be able to see in the chat list.
If you know you are going to be chatting regularly with a group or with an individual, you might want to add them to your favourites.
1. To add a Chat to your favourites, simply go into the Chat you want to favourite, and click on the star icon located near the top of the window.
2. Once added, this will turn yellow and you will see this star next to the member’s avatar or Chat image in the Chat bar. That Chat will then stay frozen at the top of the Chat bar so it is easy for you see and access.
To receive desktop notifications for Chat, click on the notifications horn in DropTask. At the bottom of the drop-down you will see a blue banner that says ‘enable desktop notifications’. You might need to check your computer settings first, to ensure notifications are allowed for your browser.
When someone is online, a small green icon will appear above their avatar. When you have a new message in Chat, you will see a small red circle on the avatar or Chat image. This will disappear when you click into the Chat.
Seen indicators let you know when your message has been seen by the recipient. A seen indicator will show itself as a smaller version of that person’s avatar underneath your message.
*Feature coming soon
Please note: Access to this feature is subject to the plan that you’re on. For more information, please get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.