Comments and Messaging
Effective communication is important during every phase of a Project life cycle if it is to run smoothly and successfully. DropTask for Business lets you keep conversations and tasks together, so you can maintain a seamless flow of communication between team members while you work in unison to get things done.
Inject a little more fun into your projects by using Emojis in your messages and reacting to recent activity with our new Emoji Reactions.
To add a comment on a task1. Select the task that you would like to comment on.
2. This will open the task information.
3. Then, simply enter your comment into the comment box titled ADD COMMENT, which can be found under ACTIVITY.
4. You can also add Emojis to your comment. Click on the Smiley icon underneath the comment box to bring up the Emoji menu.
5. You can scroll down to view all the different Emojis, click the top Emojis above the SEARCH bar to go straight to different categories or you can type in the SEARCH bar to search for a specific Emoji.
6. Once you’re happy with the comment, hit the TICK icon to send it.
7. Your comment will then show in the ACTIVITY FEED for your task, with the most recent comments and task updates showing first.
To send a direct message on a task1. If you would like to address a specific member within your project, first open a task to view the task information.
2. Then, in the comment box simply add the @ symbol in front of that person’s name. When you’re happy with the message, hit the TICK icon to send it.
3. Mentioning someone on a task will send them an email & in-app notification with your comment, regardless of whether or not they are assigned to, or following the task.
To remove a comment or a message1. To remove a comment that you’ve left on a task, select the DELETE button which can be found underneath the comment.
2. Then, confirm you wish to delete the comment by clicking “Yes, delete comment”.
3. The comment will now be deleted from the task activity thread.
Emoji ReactionsYou can now add an Emoji reaction to any comment, message or task update in the ACTIVITY FEED.
1. First, open the task to find the activity you would like to add an Emoji reaction to.
2. Underneath the activity you would like to add a reaction to, click on the smiley icon to bring up the Emoji menu.
3. Once you have found the Emoji you would like to add, click on it to add it as a reaction.
4. The Emoji reactions will be displayed underneath the activity.
Deleting an Emoji Reaction1. To delete an Emoji reaction, click on the Emoji reaction that you would like to delete underneath the comment.
2. This will remove the Emoji from underneath the comment or activity.
Please Note: This is a DropTask for Business feature.