Task assignment is a great way to establish accountability, giving you the ability to delegate work to others within your team. You may assign tasks to yourself, someone else, or to multiple people. Any tasks you create in your planner will always be assigned to you.
When you create a task in a project, you can choose to be automatically assigned to all tasks you create. Once assigned to a task, your avatar will be visible on the task, you will receive notifications when any updates are made to the task and it will be accessible to schedule in your planner.
If you do not want to be automatically assigned to tasks you create, you can turn off this setting. Once this setting is turned off, any tasks you create will have nobody assigned to them until you choose to assign a team member. All the tasks you create in your planner will still always be automatically assigned to you.1. To turn auto-assignment on or off, first open a project, then double click on the canvas.
2. This will open a text box to create your task.
3. Type the name of your task, then click on the arrow next to your avatar.
4. This will open a dropdown menu giving you the option to un-assign the task and other project members that can be assigned to the task.
5. To turn auto-assignment on add a tick next to “Assign me to tasks by default” by clicking in the check box. To turn auto-assignment off remove the tick in the checkbox by clicking on it.
6. If you choose to turn auto-assignment off, any tasks you create will be unassigned until you select a team member to assign.
Assigning a task1. To assign someone to a task, drag and drop the project member’s avatar from the top header bar, directly onto a task. This drag and drop feature is a quick and easy way to delegate responsibilities.
2. Alternatively, to assign a member, select a task to open the task sidebar.
3. Simply tap on the + icon situated next to Add Assignee. A drop-down menu will appear, where you will be able to select the project members that you would like to assign to the task.
4. The avatars of the people who have been assigned to a task will be shown on the task circle.
Removing an assigneeUsers are able to remove an assignee by clicking on the x from within the assigned section in the task sidebar.
Please note: Access to this feature is subject to the plan that you’re on. For more information, please get in contact at email@example.com.