Creating Templates can be a really quick way to duplicate Task Boards which require the same actions to be taken – but in a different context – on a regular basis.
For example, if you’re organising an event you may have one Category named ‘Budget’, another called ‘Transport’ and one more named ‘Guest List’. Within each of these Categories are respective Tasks that need to be carried out each and every time you have an event to organise. So, after attaching files, updating progress and managing the overall task board, the next time a different event comes up you have to re-create those same Categories and Tasks for another project. With Templates, you have a quick and easy solution to re-create task board that can be used time and time again, without any of the interchangeable details and specifics like status, notes and attachments.
Creating a new Template1. Start by going to your Task Boards tab, situated in the main toolbar.
2. Then, click on the blue ‘Browse Task Boards‘ icon.
3. Your Project Browser will then appear. Select Templates situated at the top right hand corner of the window.
4. To create a new Template, select the blue + New Template button from within the Template section.
5. You will then be asked to name your task board Template. Once you’re happy, select Done.
6. You will then be taken to your blank project Template where you will be prompted to begin creating your project.
Creating a Template from within a task board1. Alternatively, you’re able to create a project Template while in the project view. To do this, select the grey Cog icon situated on the left-hand side of the toolbar.
2. Once there, a pop-up will appear. Select ‘Create Template from Task Board‘ at the bottom of the window to create a Template for your future projects.
3. You will be asked to name your Task Board Template. Simply type the name of your Template into the box and hit ‘Done‘ when you’re ready.
4. Your Template will then be saved for future use, and can be accessed from within the Menu within the Browse Task Board section and clicking on Templates. This is where a list of your Task Board Templates will be displayed.
Using saved TemplatesYou can create new Task Boards from existing Templates that you have saved. Simply tap on a Template that you have used previously, to create your new Project.
Please note: Access to this feature is subject to the plan that you’re on. For more information, please get in contact at email@example.com.