Getting Started With DropTask Chat
Droptask Chat enables you to quickly message your colleagues about a task they are working on, create groups to discuss on-going projects and quickly send tasks to team members. All this, without ever needing to leave Droptask, maximizing your productivity.
Beginning a new Chat
1. To begin a new Chat, click on the blue speech bubble in the Chat bar. This is located to the left-hand side of the screen. You can create either a 1-1 chat or a group chat.
2. Enter either an email address or contact name in the search bar, or choose someone from the contact list below.
3. Then select Start Chat.
4. Type your message and then tap Send to send the message
5. This will create your new chat where you can communicate with this individual.
Beginning a new Group Chat
1. To begin a group chat, simply add multiple contacts in the same way. You will see a tick next to the contact names and these names will be grouped at the top.
2. The title of the chat will automatically appear as a list of the contact names. To change this title, simply click here and select the tick to side when you have named the chat.
3. To edit the details of a group chat, click on the three vertical dots in the top right-hand side of the chat window. Here, you can change the Chat name, add and remove contacts, .
If you know you are going to be chatting regularly with a group or with an individual, you might want to add them to your favourites.
1. To add a Chat to your favourites, simply go into the Chat you want to favourite, and click on the star icon located near the top of the window.
2. Once added, this will turn yellow and you will see this star next to the member’s avatar or Chat image in the Chat bar. That Chat will then stay frozen at the top of the Chat bar so it is easy for you see and access.
To receive notifications for Chat, go to your general iPad settings and allow notifications for DropTask
When someone is online, a small green icon will appear above their avatar. When you have a new message in Chat, you will see a small red circle on the avatar or Chat image. This will disappear when you click into the Chat.
Please note: Access to this feature is subject to the plan that you’re on. For more information, please get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.