Task assignment is a great way to establish accountability, giving you the ability to delegate work to others within your team. When you create a task in a project, you are automatically assigned to it, this option can be turned off. You may assign tasks to yourself, someone else, or to multiple people. Any tasks you create in your planner will always be assigned to you.
Turning off Auto-assignment
When you create a task in a project, you can choose to be automatically assigned to all tasks you create. Once assigned to a task, your avatar will be visible on the task, you will receive notifications when any updates are made to the task and it will be accessible to schedule in your planner.
If you do not want to be automatically assigned to tasks you create, you can turn off this setting. Once this setting is turned off, any tasks you create will have nobody assigned to them until you choose to assign a team member. All the tasks you create in your planner will still always be automatically assigned to you.1. To turn off auto-assignment, first open a project, then double tap on the canvas.
2. This will open a window to create your task.
3. Enter your task information.
4. To turn auto-assignment on add a tick next to “Assign me to tasks by default” by tapping in the check box. To turn auto-assignment off remove the tick in the checkbox by tapping on it.
5. If you choose to turn auto-assignment off, any tasks you create will be unassigned until you select a team member to assign.
To assign a task1. Assign a project member to a task by tapping on your chosen task.
2. Once there, tap the + icon and select your chosen members that you wish to add to the Task. This person will receive a notification to inform them that they have been assigned a responsibility.
3. Once happy with your new members, tap Done to complete the process.
Removing an assigneeTo remove an assignee, tap on the members name that you would like to remove. Then tap Remove Assignment to remove the member from the Task.
Please note: Access to this feature is subject to the plan that you’re on. For more information, please get in contact at email@example.com.